2011-10-23

Indian Summer


Is it the season named Autumn that we are experiencing now or not? Because I feel like that I am still in summer. It`s so hot today.  Due to the high temperature, I am very desired to have ice cream, milk shakes and frappuccino, I do and I mean it.


This morning, I went to Berkeley for the volleyball club once a week. When I walked with my friend, Jason, I was wondering that why it is so hot today. So I ask Jason. Then, he told me, “Because we are in Indian Summer.” “What?!” I said. “The Indian Summer,” he repeated.

Oops, well, OK, fine.
I hear about the four seasons, but I have never heard about the Indian Summer. Is it a summer that after real summer or just before Autumn? Where is it exactly from? I don`t know.

In order to know more about the Indian Summer, so I google it when I got home. Simply, it is a meteorological phenomenon that occurs in the autumn. It refers to a period of considerably above normal temperatures, accompanied by dry and hazy conditions, usually after there has been a killing frost. Depending on latitude and elevation, the phenomenon can occur in the Northern Hemisphere between late September and mid November. The definition is searched from WIKIPEDIA. So, I was actually given a lesson from Nature.

By the way, this is what I got from Starbucks. This is the Vanilla Cream Frappuccino with chocolate chip. It is a cream base beverage and vanilla flavor. If you add some chocolate chip inside , it tastes like cookie ice cream. Please remember, one pound syrup is enough, or it will become too sweet to drink.  

沒有留言:

張貼留言